Thursday, January 18, 2007

Place : Grandpa's house
Occasion : Grandpa's funeral

The touch:

1. My grandma @ 86. very poor eyesight. she was lying on the cot and was not speaking anything. i sat on the cot near her. she wanted me to help her sit on the cot next to me. took my hands in hers and was pressing it gently.....her head on my shoulders....no one around....we didnt speak anything......no words....just the touch......

2. an old village man@65. this person is known to me only for few months...the relationship i share with him is undefined....we share something which is very personal....which doesnot have any boundaries...we didnot expect anything from each other..we both have problems in life in our own way....we have never shared anything....whenever we meet, he takes my hand and keeps it inside his hands and presses it tightly for atleast few minutes....i do not know the reason...but.....

3. my cousin@16. we do not talk much...both are silent spectators in our own way...occassionally he stands next to me to see if he had grown to my height...no relationship formalities(questions like "huv r u?") between us...once in a while he hugs me (only me....bcaz i have never seen him doing it to anyone) for a minute...this time it happened...the hug was tight and it lasted for more than two minutes....no words between us....just a silent, tight hug.....the touch.......

thank u my dear good god.......

No comments: